ManTravels

Travel to Baguio April 2006. Pictures of my travels to Baguio City, Philippines in the Summer of 2006.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Burnham Park Memories

Everyone whoever goes to Baguio remembers boating at Burnham Park. I do have a lot of fun memories at the lake, but of course I grew up a stone's throw away from it. I remember boating many times, usually when relatives come to visit Baguio and there is the obligatory ride on one of the flat bottomed boats that are manually rowed.
As you can see from the picture on the left, not too much has changed. The boats are still there, a little more creatively decorated with dragons and swans. I did not see the water fountain operate, hopefully it still functions. At one time it was a spectacle to see a colorful water fountain in the middle of the lake.


The bicycle rentals are still where they used to be, and it seems like the skating rink (below) had undergone some kind of renovation, adding a roof top. No skaters in sight though.
I
Inside the athletic bowl was as I could remember from years past. I saw a few IRAA meets during my younger years in this venue. There was a lot of activity today at the bowl with some group excursionists having a briefing at one side, a few athletes running the field and some martial artists practicing their moves in the middle of the field as basketball ws being played in the courts.

The swimming pools were also maintained in the far left corner although I did not have time to take a peak.
Burnham as a whole was bustling with tourists on this day the 15th of April 2006. Every corner was also full of vendors hawking their wares of handcrafted souvenirs and the venerable snacks. Sorbetes, Taho, Barbecue, Raw mangoes and many others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home